Our business lawyers and commercial solicitors at A City Law Firm Limited offer specialist advice on non-contentious law affecting companies and businesses of all shapes and sizes. Additionally we can represent you in any business disputes that may arise in your business dealings.
For start up businesses please see this section as this offers you a wider range of services and discounted fixed fees from our commercial lawyers and business lawyers.
Our approach to Business Law:
We take the time to understand our clients' businesses and companies so we can work with them to achieve their goals, ensuring we can always offer the advice and solutions that best fit their requirements. Our commercial lawyers also appreciate the value of clear concise legal advice when running a business - you need to be kept free to focus on the core elements of your business, rather than dealing with legal jargon. We offer fixed fees for drafting documents and agreed retainers for proactive advice.
Our range of experience in Company Law and Contract Law:
From simple company formations to registering and protecting your intellectual property rights by registering trademarks through to drafting and advising on a broad range of agreements that you may encounter or need during the lifetime of your business:
- Shareholder or partnership agreements, terms of business, the supply of goods and service agreements, web terms, director's service level agreements or loan agreements;
- Maybe you need advice on a personal guarantee or franchise arrangements; or
- Debt recovery action.
Our team of commercial lawyers are equipped to help in all your commercial and company law needs. We handle a number of start-up businesses as well as servicing the larger established companies and advising on restructuring. Unlike other large city commercial solicitors, we offer, along with our commercial legal advice, an extremely personable service whereby you will have one point of contact on hand to help support your business in whatever requirements it has.
What company law and business law services we offer:
Contract Law - Commercial Documents
- Draft your commercial documents, such as contracts for sale; due diligence replies; terms and conditions; website policies; agency agreements, shareholders or partnership agreements etc
- Negotiate and draft franchise agreements, joint venture project agreements, sponsorship or association contracts
Protecting your assets and rights
- Assist in protecting your ideas, logo, company name and goodwill, for example by registering your trademarks and other intellectual property at the Intellectual Property Office under the Trademarks Act 1994, or drafting Confidentiality Agreements so that potential business ideas or deals are not poached by the competition
- Stopping others using your logo or company name by registering your trademarks so you can issue injunctions and claim damages for any losses suffered as a result
Sales and purchases of shares or the business
- Business and share sales and acquisitions
- Buying, renewing or assigning a franchise
Business proceedures and cashflow
- Help with credit-control and debt collection;
- Assist in resolving any commercial disputes or injunctions against employees poaching staff or breaching confidentiality or defamation claims risking your reputation;
- Due diligence reviews for share or asset purchases;
- Preparing/negotiating Loan Agreements;
- Advising on bank security documentation eg. Personal guarantees and/or charges required by a bank as security for banking facilities provided; and
- General company law advice/secretarial administration and corporate governance eg. Preparing/advising on board minutes, notices, resolutions; share issues/allotments etc.
Dissolving the Business
- Advise on the best route to follow when dissolving or re-structuring in accordance with the Insolvency Act 1986.
We can usually offer a free consultation to businesses before you commit to any particular type of legal action or commercial project. All your business requirements can be handled under one roof by our team. Simply call our client management department for a free consultation or no-obligation quotation for our services.