We act for a growing number of clients in the technology sector, including App Developers, Web Designers and Software Companies. We understand the demands of the technology industry and our experienced, practical advice and support reflects this.
Our advice covers all of your General Business & Company Law matters as well as those specific to your sector. We are happy to accept instructions by email and over Skype and frequently work on a fixed fee basis.
We understand the importance of protecting your Intellectual Property Rights in the technology sector and as such we offer a specialist trademark watching service.
We are able to assist you in all aspects of your Intellectual Property Rights, including registering your trademarks, protecting your trademark or defending any trademark litigation. Our lawyers are skilled at trademark searches and registrations both in the UK and worldwide.
We also understand the importance of domain names in the technology sector and can advise you in relation to domain name disputes.
We can draft, negotiate or advise you on a wide-range of IT contracts, including:
- Software Developer Contracts
- Game Development Contracts
- App Developers Contracts
- Service Agreements
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Agreements
- Joint Venture or Investment Agreements
- End User Licenses
- IP assignments
- Royalty Agreements and Audits
- Contribution and Editorial arrangements/agreements
Or likewise we can review any documents and contracts provided to you.
Websites and Terms and conditions
We have experience in drafting terms and conditions for a number of different technology companies and understand the complexities of this area and the stylistic issues involved in such documents.
We are able to draft your terms and conditions and have particular expertise in the following areas:
- Terms and conditions for Apps and App publishers
- Terms and conditions for Uploading content and use of your website
- Terms and conditions for online Forums and Online consumers
- Privacy statements
- Website disclaimers
We can draft your license agreements or advise you upon it for use of your IP, designed technology, sales and end users and the like.
Business & Company Law
In relation to your business needs we can assist you with:
- The formation of your company or LLP
- Put you in touch with a specialist accountant to discuss reliefs available
- Drafting or reviewing your Articles of Association
- Drafting Shareholders Agreements or Partnership Agreements
- Joint Venture or Loan Agreements
- General compliance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Staff or Consultancy Contracts
- Confidentiality Agreements or Non-disclosure Agreements
- Assignment of Intellectual Property Rights