A City Law Firm offers specialist legal advice to technology companies and have acted for a variety of such business ranging from start ups to well established companies. We are recognised as experts in this field and are regularly asked to speak at technology business events including those hosted at NatWest, Digital Catapult, WeWorks and Campus.
We understand and appreciate the difficulties technology companies face when balancing their innovations with regulations and the law. We act for many companies who are disrupting their market space including in FinTech, EdTech, AdTech and FashTech; Our lawyers relish these challenges.
We have also advised clients in a range of innovative technologies including those in virtual reality/ mixed reality, blockchain, artificial intelligence, IoT and Big Data.
We have represented numerous technology clients through multiple investment rounds from initial seed funding upward. We understand this sector and the typical demands of investors. Our experience offers you a safe pair of hands at a demanding time.
How can we help?
1. Getting your business ready for investment: We will carry out preliminary legal due diligence which an sophisticated investor is likely to do, so that to highlight to you in advance the areas that need addressing and resolving.
2. We can advise and represent you during the entire investment process from drafting or negotiating term sheets, assisting with due diligence, to drafting and negotiating shareholders agreements, subscription agreements and disclosure letters. We also advise and assist clients with all their resolutions, filings and registration requirements.
Our team offers a comprehensive array of technology law and general corporate and commercial law services including intellectual property advice and protection, development contracts, share options ( including EMI options), founder agreements, bespoke terms and conditions, cyber security, GDPR compliant policies, data protection and privacy.
We also offer bespoke start-up and scale-up fee packages see here for more information.
Examples of technology contracts we can assist with include:
- Software Developer Contracts
- Game Development Contracts
- App Developers Contracts
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Agreements
- End User Licenses
- IP assignments and licensing
- Royalty Agreements
- Terms and conditions for Apps and websites
- Website terms and conditions
- Privacy statements
- Website disclaimers
- Data Protection policies
Examples of corporate work that we can assist your technology company with include:
- The formation of your company or LLP
- Drafting or reviewing your Articles of Association
- Drafting Shareholders Agreements or Partnership Agreements
- Joint Venture or Loan Agreements
- General compliance
- investments, Mergers, Acquisitions, sale and exits
- Staff or Consultancy Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements or Non-disclosure Agreements
Our litigation team and commercial team work closely on any contract disputes or IP infringement so that our litigation team are quickly made aware of your business and its requirements so that disputes can be resolved quickly and efficiently.
We pride ourselves on not just providing solid and comprehensive legal advice but,
as recognised by our award for 'Most Innovative Law Firm, London 2016', thinking outside the box and offering smart and practical solutions.
Our team are friendly and proactive and our fees are always competitive. We do not talk in jargon and hope to build a lasting relationship with you throughout the life time of your business, through both the good times and the bad.
We understand the need for speed if you are buying or selling a business, securing investment or negotiating a commercial deal and our lawyers are on hand to react swiftly in such circumstances. Since we appoint all our clients a dedicated client manager, lawyer and director to oversee the work you will always have access to someone who knows your business.